Laser Acupuncture / Low Level Laser therapy (LLLT) is the treatment of various conditions using laser to bring about a photochemical reaction at a cellular level.
The laser light penetrates into acupuncture points / tissue where it is absorbed by cells and converted into energy that influences the course of metabolic processes.
This type of laser is idea for laser acupuncture use, great for those which are needle phobic clients, and children.
Specific advantages of laser therapy include:
- Painless and often immediate analgesic effect at the time of treatment
- Dramatically shortened recovery time with rapid reduction of swelling and inflammation
- Non-invasive and patient friendly treatment
- Responsive for injuries
- Reduced scar formation
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Increased collagen and reduced cellular substances
- Increased epithelial activity
- Increased capillary blood vessel formation
The time and frequency of the treatment varies depending on the type of injury and its condition. This may be as short as one single treatment of a few minutes to many treatments of 5-10 minutes.
The Laser Acupuncture Effect
Infra-red energy is absorbed in the cell membrane, where it induces a photo-physical reaction which directly mediates the membrane potential, resulting cellular healing.